Monday 14 May 2012

VOICES: The Red Shawl Show in San Francisco

The audiences and performers at the San Francisco International Arts Festival have been sharing some amazing stories with Nassim over the past few weeks. Here is a great collection of emails and photos from the crowd on May 12, 2012.


THE RED SHAWL


Hello Nassim,

I was at your play last night. I took this picture riding the BART (subway) yesterday evening from Oakland to San Francisco to go on a first date with an Iranian friend to see your play. He was #3 and designated to play the rabbit.


Notice I am wearing a bright red shawl, given to me when I was 35, by a man selling antiques and things at a flee market in Raleigh, North Carolina. I was admiring the shawl and he asked me if I would wear it if he gave it to me.  It was his mother's. She had recently died and he did not want to sell it. I said yes.

The red shawl was used as the red hat by my friend in your play, and then later it became a prop used by our actor as he performed the part of the rabbit at the circus. He continued wearing the scarf and passed it on to the red rabbit, who was our final reader, at the end. Both our red rabbits were beautiful readers of the story.

Thank you for an amazing play. I felt like you were with us. I liked it on so many levels.

Greetings and blessings from the San Francisco Bay Area.

Sherri


THE REACTION


Nassim,

When I read about White Rabbit, Red Rabbit in my SF Art Festival email I knew it was not to be missed. I wasn't disappointed.

Your play was so imaginative. Your analogy with the red rabbit was astounding! It is true in far too many circumstances. And your English was impressive. Though the subject was very deep, the process of getting to know you and your sense of humor left me feeling more knowledgeable, yet happy to have had the experience. The actor, Paul Flores, did a great job.

Jeesh, it was stunning to hear how the white rabbits who never were wet with cold water continued to attack the red rabbit. Such a metaphor! Excellent!

BTW, I was one of the white rabbits. If you get the pictures from SF on Saturday, May 12, 2012, I'm the older rabbit in the gray sweater.

I wish you the best in your future endeavors and I hope to learn more about you in the future.

Sincerely,

John Regan

P.S. I would love to see those pictures if it's not to much trouble to forward them...


THE PHOTOS


Dear Nassim,

I had the great pleasure of attending last night performance of White Rabbit, Red Rabbit acted by Paul Flores last night at  SF International Arts Festival!!

And, to be number 11 and to have the privilege of reading the last three pages of the script, and to become the new red rabbit... 

Attached some pictures from last night performance.

Thank you so much for being the initiator of this great "adventure". I wish you all the best for its continuation.

Silvia




No comments:

Post a Comment